Here’s the thing: I am interested in a lot of stuff. I do a lot of stuff. So what, exactly, would I say about me that would be useful to you? Heck if I know. Below you’ll find the professional me in a nutshell. Okay, not exactly a nutshell, but a brief bio that a literary agent or publisher might find useful.
If you want more, I’ve got that, too.
Lif Strand Author Bio
- Currently I’m writing fantasy (magic realism, paranormal, and/or dragons — no elves, fairies, or swords); contemporary southwestern mystery; and realism (fiction and creative non-fiction).
- I’ve published a fantasy novel (see #8 below) and am currently seeking a literary agent for a crime novel.
- I’ve had two fantasy stories published (Sallya On Fire, The Arcanist, November 28, 2018, and Being Me, DreamForge, May 2019, and one science fiction story (Mutt and Jeffie, in an anthology coming out in late 2021) I have self-published two dragon-based chapbooks that are not on the market at this time (see nifty photo at bottom of this page). And more…
- In 2003 I received the E. H. Shaffer Award (second place, news writing) from New Mexico Press Association in the Weekly Newspapers, Class 1 category.
- Work experience, education, and other credentials (resume)
- I’ve done the artwork for several books and have illustrated one.
- I’m a roadie & beta reader for author Steven F Havill.
- Evolution Device, a story of music and magic in the rock world of the 1970s, was published under the Positronic Publications imprint, released in 2020 (more below!).
- I worked with the wonderful voice actor (as well as film writer, producer, and director), Naomi Rose-Mock, to create the Audible version of Evolution Device, published December 17, 2020