Here’s the thing: I am interested in a lot of stuff. I do a lot of stuff. So what, exactly, would I say about me that would be useful to you? Heck if I know. Below you’ll find the professional me in a nutshell. Okay, not exactly a nutshell, but a brief bio that a literary agent or publisher might find useful.
If you want more, I’ve got that, too.
Lif Strand Author Bio
- Currently I’m writing in two fiction genres: fantasy (magic realism, paranormal, and/or dragons — no elves, fairies, or swords); also contemporary southwestern mystery.
- I’ve completed a novel in each of the above genres. I’m wrapping up the edits for the mystery now and will be seeking a literary agent for it. The other… see below.
- I’ve had two fantasy stories published (Sallya On Fire, The Arcanist, November 28, 2018, and Being Me, DreamForge, May 2019. I have self-published two dragon-based chapbooks that are not on the market at this time (see nifty photo at bottom of this page). And more…
- In 2003 I received the E. H. Shaffer Award (second place, news writing) from New Mexico Press Association in the Weekly Newspapers, Class 1 category.
- Work experience, education, and other credentials (resume)
- I’ve done the artwork for several books and have illustrated one.
- I’m a roadie & beta reader for author Steven F Havill.
- My magic realism genre novel, Evolution Device, was published under the Positronic Publications imprint, with a release date of July 28 2020 (more below!).
- I worked with the perfect voice actor, Naomi Rose-Mock, to create the Audible version of Evolution Device, published December 17, 2020